“BDA will upgrade the Outer Ring Road(ORR) from Silk Board to KR Puram”
BDA board, that met recently and approved the project after clearance from the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). The project will be divided into three packages and tenders called.
Upgrading of ORR at a cost of Rs. 25 crore, will include:
* Providing continuous service roads(newly asphalted) on the 19-km stretch.
* Nearly 40 bus bays and shelters at the rate of almost one on either side every kilometer.
* Complete re-haul of traffic bottlenecks
* Traffic management system on the entire stretch
* Lane markings, Footpaths and railings
* Pedestrian Sky-walks
Tenders will be issued soon and work will begin in January and end in April 2016.